ERDI Tender Tech ERDI 1 June 2021
Author: James Warnet Published: January 13, 2021
*** COURSE FULL ***
This course will introduce, develop, and instill the foundation of being a public safety diver.
The first part, Tender Technician, will teach the student all the job roles of the public safety dive tender.
The student will be taught:
- Dive gear overview and the process of dressing a diver
- The roles of primary and back up tenders
- Learn about the roles and structure of a dive team and its operations
- Performing scene assessment and crime scene recognition
- Mapping a scene
- Filling out the required documentation and dive logs
- The use of pull signals and the Comm Boxes
- Performing decontamination procedures on a diver and keeping themselves from contamination
- How to log and handle evidence correctly
- Monitoring diver air consumption
- Maintaining search patterns
- Maintaining situational awareness while focusing on the safety and well-being of their diver.
Part two of this course is ERDI 1 dive technician, otherwise known as the first certification step that makes public safety divers.
Students will learn the operational role of public safety divers and how to perform the various operations in a safe and consistent manner.
Students can expect to learn:
- Search patterns
- Entanglement management
- Emergency procedures
- Scene awareness
- Environmental hazards
- Working with a tender
- Equipment management, operation and limitations
This is an intensive multi-day course that requires students to commit fully to the program being taught. Completion of all course aspects is required to receive certifications.