Diving under ice presents hazards not common to the emergency response
diver and special training is required. The purpose of this course is to acquaint the diver with many of the hazards associated with ice diving and how to plan and execute an ice dive.
- ERD I or equivalent
- Minimum age 18
1. Open Water Dive l
- Review of scuba skills on land
- Test lights and equipment
- Set up shelter
- Cut hole in ice and secure
- Dive plan
- Descent and line considerations on land
- Line handling and short line signals on land
- Ten minute familiarization
- Each diver must rotate and practice both surface support and safety diver
- Log dive
2. Open Water Dive 2
- Set-up and dive plan
- Line handling and simulated lost diver procedures
- Fifteen-minute exploring under the ice
- Log dive
Need to share this course with your training officer?
Find Us On Social Media
Our Professional Training Cadre is 100% Mobile To You
Northeast Public Safety Divers is a premiere public safety dive training company that offers a variety of SDI and ERDI certification courses to recreational and public safety divers, from basic all the way through Supervisor, with a large catalog of specialties. Our operation is mobile and we will bring an entire certification course to your department or area.