This course is designed to introduce the public safety professional to the ERDI Tender skills
necessary to participate in public safety diving operations in a non-diving roll. Successful completion results in the ERDI Tender certification.
The ERDI Tender course can be taught in conjunction with the ERD I course. While the ERDI Tender Course is a non-diving course; the tender student should have a working knowledge of diving physics, physiology, techniques and equipment.
The course starts with the student completing E-Learning online, followed by a day in the classroom. From the classroom students will move to a controlled environment such as a pool to practice controlling a diver during search patterns. From the pool students move to the field to perform all duties a tender would encounter on a dive operation.
The student will be taught:
- Dive gear overview and the process of dressing a diver
- The roles of primary and back up tenders
- Learn about the rolls and structure of a dive team and its operations
- Performing scene assessment and crime scene recognition
- Mapping a scene
- Filling out the required documentation and dive logs
- The use of pull signals and the Comm Boxes
- Performing decontamination procedures on a diver and keeping themselves from contamination
- How to log and handle evidence correctly
- Monitoring diver air consumption
- Maintaining search patterns
- Maintaining situational awareness while focusing on the safety and well-being of their diver
When the student completes this course, they will have the skills necessary to perform all the rolls of a tender on a dive operation, as well as have the ability to complete all required paper work. Most importantly, the student will have the knowledge to help maintain a safe dive operation.
- Minimum age is 18
- CPR 1st or equivalent
- CPROx or equivalent
Qualifications of Graduates
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are qualified to:
- Tend public safety divers in open water
- Participate in the planning and execution of public safety diving operations
Need to share this course with your training officer?
Find Us On Social Media
Our Professional Training Cadre is 100% Mobile To You
Northeast Public Safety Divers is a public safety dive training company that offers a variety of certification courses to recreational and public safety divers, from basic all the way through Supervisor, with a large catalog of specialties. Our entire operation is mobile and we will bring an entire certification course to your department or area.